HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello folks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arlind

PostSubject: Hello folks   Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:52 pm

Just thought I'd post a little about myself. Found your site I believe on mmorpg.com and have been browsing the forums a little bit. I'm 32 married with 2 little monsters. Wish I could get my wife into MMOs but that's another story. ;) I am pretty new to FF online but wouldn't mind starting with you folks until the next one comes out. I always heard great things about the game but boy it is tough starting out by yourself, this game is not a typical MMO and I've played them all from Meridian 59 to Warhammer Online and everything else in between. I would love to start out with you folks in game if you would have me. Like I said though I am new to FF so things might be frustrating at first but I think I will be able to keep up with a little guidance. I love to craft as well so I'll have a go at that too! Would it be a problem if I chose to play via my Xbox360? I prefer to play on my couch... hehe... anyone else play this version? I do use a keyboard though so I can chat that way. Please let me know if that will be an issue.

PS. I am in the PST timezone... California specifically.

Rick aka Arlind/Targon in most MMOs :D
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:04 pm

Hey! Nice to have another person interested.

I myself am a returning player. It has been 2 years since I last played.
I am sure everyone would be happy to welcome a XBOX360 player. Being a computer user I could never use an Controller.

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your stay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Baldrick

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi. I 've played on PS2 pc and 360 and honestly I prefer the controller. I'm gonna have o pick one up to slap to my laptop this go - just been too long since I used a keyboard and mouse for FFXI. Glad to have you aboard and if you'd like to jump in with us feel free, we are all starting from scratch so you'll have plenty of time to get the hang of things.

-Baldrick
Back to top Go down
Arlind

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Sounds good to me! And thank you for the warm welcome! Now to just try and remember my darn password.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 pm

hihi Arland! You're welcome to play on whatever platform you find most comfortable, I enjoy just a keyboard the most! Don't worry about being a newbie, everyone has to start somewhere and since we'll be starting over here soon, this will be a great time to join in.

I'll get ya upgraded to a Pearl here soon!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Arlind

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Thank you very much! I look forward to meeting everyone in game. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Hellu

For the most part will be right there with you. With diffent type of grid system, tree, or whatever there going to use. Even the most exp FFer is going to start off as newb. Yea they may know abit about the types and few other things, but the world and exp of play will all be new.

Will be looking foward to see you in-game when comes out, even if you do play on the 360 or other systems.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:50 pm

Are you planning on joining us in FFXI when we return on July 1st!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:46 am

Hello! It is nice to meet you! Would be great to see you in game on the 1st, but if not, looking forward to getting to know you in FFXIV :D
Back to top Go down
Fossilfied

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:40 am

Welcome welcome! Glad to have you with us, will be a great time adventuring along side you.
Back to top Go down
Arlind

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:59 pm

I am planning on joining ya if you were asking me. :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Ah ok, yeah, oops forgot ya did mention you were new to FFXI. Most of all then is don't rush anything, look around and talk to all the NPCs {they may seem to be speaking cryptic atm, but they all surprisingly have important info} explore the city and locate where basic things are and such.

I'm in/out for now, but will be online too much once the 1st rolls around so feel free to ask questions then as well. Also unlike most other MMOs, everything, and I'm very serious...everything that drops off an enemy when you kill them has a purpose and can be used by you, another player, NPC, quest, mission, crafting...etc Nothing is a crap drop ever...check the AH which is kinda confusing at first, but you'll figure it out and its better IMO than the typical ones in other MMOs. See what things are selling for and the best course is if it stacks to 12 or 99 then collect that many and then list it for sale!

You type in what you want for the item, there is no bidding wars, just a flat price, but make sure you check the previous sales, and take note of the date, and price fluctuations. You'll get it...its a fun system to play with!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:12 am

yeah the AH in FFXI was one of the best, I enjoy it :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello folks   

Back to top Go down

Hello folks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1