HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hey There!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sentrik

PostSubject: Hey There!   Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:13 pm

Hey, everyone! Just purchased FFXI and am interested in joining you guys in-game while waiting for FFXIV. I found you guys via mmorpg.com, where I am a forum moderator.

I'm currently playing the Aion beta, Fallen Earth beta, CoV, and Matrix Online. I have been playing MMOs for about 5-6 years now, however I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember. One of the first RPGs I ever played was Final Fantasy 6, and I fell in love with the series. Currently, I'm replaying Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the GBA (still keep it around for the great RPGs on the system, like FFTA and Golden Sun).

As for real life, my name is Harrison, and I'm going to be a senior in high school come September. After high school, I plan on going to a 4-year undergraduate university, and my #1 choice right now is NYU. If I get into NYU, I'll probably enter the Gallitan School, where you can design your own course of study and major. I'd create a Cyberterrorism major, with a particular emphasis on economics and the legal system. Alternatively, I would dual major in economics and philosophy. I live in New Jersey, USA, and outside of gaming (which I do....a lot) I enjoy going to the movies, reading, and fencing.

I have absolutely no experience with FFXI, so I'm going to need a lot of help, as I hear the game is complex, but rewarding.

So, as I understand, you guys are not playing FFXI until July 1st? What server are you on, and is there a particular starting class I should choose that would benefit the linkshell the most? Thanks in advance, and I can't wait to meet everyone!
Back to top Go down
Arlind

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:47 pm

We will be on the server Fenrir and will start out in Bastok as the starter area/city. :) I am new as well so it will be fun! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:52 pm

Hellu and welcome.
Back to top Go down
Baldrick

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Welcome to the LS. Once Khalus gets you upgraded just check through some of the links and read up on the job system, it's alot diffrent from most MMO's.

We'll be starting together on the second - third now as there will be maintenance done on the first and second. Some of us are in now playing on the 30 day buddy pass to farm some gil to start the LS with and have some starter funds.

As to learning the ropes - don't worry it has a bit of a curve to it but you'll be fine. Most of us are going to lvl up a few of the starting jobs to get ready for advanced jobs and be able to fill multiple spots in a party. So once you decide what you'd like to try go for it. See ya ingame.

-Baldrick
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Hello hello, nice to meet ya and have ya interested in us! You'll have to tell us more about Fallen Earth, as I've been interested in that one for awhile, but with XIV being announced have little interest in anything else...but would still like to know...maybe!

You'll be like the 3rd-4th player now that hasn't played FFXI before in our LS, so don't worry you'll have plenty of help when ya need it, but keep in mind this is an easy adventure to start, but it is very rewarding once you do make progress!

Well, I'll get ya upgraded, and be sure to read through our members area as there is a lot of important threads already under discussion! Oh and I'll be capitalizing your name too!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Hello and Welcome, looking forward to seeing you in game!
Back to top Go down
Sentrik

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Centrik uses necro bump! It's super effective!

Hey, guys. So in August my desktop died on me and in September, when I had the money to purchase a new desktop, school work and college applications got together and apparently decided that I shouldn't have time to game. Onigiri XD

Now, with time on my hands a competent machine, I decided to return to FFXI. I was just starting to really get into the game when I lost my ability to play. I don't remember *too much* about the game, but I'm excited to jump back in. Hopefully I'll be able to play with you guys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 pm

re-welcome to EE XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:31 pm

re-welcome
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:35 pm

Yer, that is quite the necro-bump and honestly I don't recall ya much besides the name, but no reason why we can't start anew once again. Shall get ya rejoined as a member since you were once before, and would you please enter your profile and fill out the fields like we all have...namely your age, sex and time zone and others if you're ready for them...thx

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 pm

hahaha the LS homework
Back to top Go down
Sentrik

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Updated my profile. I'm going to log into the game as soon as possible and make a new character. Thanks for the warm (re)welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Going to have to go pick up a headset tomorrow for ventrilo.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Welcome back to FFXI and EE!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Sentrik

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 pm

I made a new character just now. Sentrik. Chose Red Mage as a starting class. I'm hoping that won't make life difficult for me. :D

I'll be in-game in a bit, gotta run a few errands now.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Alrighty then, I'll change your forum name to Sentrik then...please log in with that from now on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 pm

iv looked for you a few times in game and I dont see u on
Back to top Go down
Sentrik

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Achasia Koromis wrote:
iv looked for you a few times in game and I dont see u on

I've had trouble finding people in-game, too, actually! I've hard a pretty weird schedule these past few days. I've been on around 12 AM EST-2 AM EST.

I'm going to try to hop on in like 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:41 pm

:o im asleep by 10-11 pm EST xD
Back to top Go down
Sentrik

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm going to hop on now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:50 pm

i shoudl be on in a sec meself. had to go to bathroom xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:55 pm

need to log on the laptop >.> aparently the XP method does not apply to 7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:06 pm

im in right now and i cant find u on search XD
Back to top Go down
Sentrik

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Hey, sorry, I need to restart in a second so I can get my gamepad working. Gotta love this game-tag we got going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 pm

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 pm

i keep searching still cant find ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey There!   

Back to top Go down

Hey There!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top