HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archaic

PostSubject: Hello Everyone!   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:10 pm

My name is Archaic and I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Final Fantasy XIV, I've played most of the early Final Fantasy games that were released on the SNES and a couple on the PS2 but with the release of Everquest in 1999 I moved there and began my career playing MMORPG's. My very first toon that i played was a Necromancer...

With the release of FFXI i left Everquest and started playing a Whm and Rdm for the most part, both class's being very well defined with clear group roles. Even with a lower age player base then Everquest the forced grouping in my opinion gave this game one of the best communities to be found in MMO's today (there are exceptions to this, Ryzom and Vanguard both had decent communities).

Unfortunately when Everquest 2 came out i was convinced to try it out and left FFXI. That was a mistake, since i gravitated towards playing healer class's i was very much disappointed with EQ2's healers, they just didn't seem to be very well balanced with each other.

I've played just about every MMO out there since i originally left FFXI. None came close to the in depth story and grouping aspect with the exception of Vanguard (as long as you could get past the bugs). In Vanguard i belonged to a very successful end game raiding guild for 2 years in which i served as a Raiding officer (and Guild officer) in charge of the healers. The lack of content and bugs finally got the better of me. With the announcement of FFXIV I've decided to return to FFXI and start up my old toon.

Arch
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Why hello there...your story appears to be very similar to my own! Nothing can compare to FFXI...some come close but in the end I always end up wanting to return to XI or play nothing else! Ryzom was really good for its time and still is, as was Vanguard but the bugs too drove me away.

So I'm assuming you're wanting to play FFXI with us, if so we're on Fenrir if you wanna transfer your current char there or start fresh in Bastok with us! I'll get ya upgraded to a member shortly and please be sure to read through our members sections...there are many threads to respond too as well!

See ya in-game!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:38 pm

Other MMOs are dandy, but FFXI is just home. A home where the cat girls frolic and bobble headed taru panic.

You don't have to start fresh if you transfer, just keep in mind like 90% of the LS did and the few of us 75s that didn't are leveling newbie jobs with them (I'm leveling sch myself). Depending on when you left, there might be a ton of new stuff (I know there was for me). Certainly more than enough to last till ffxiv.

Oh ya, welcome! ^^
Back to top Go down
Florina

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Archaic

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:02 pm

There is a bunch of new stuff, i haven't played in about 6 years or so. I've been slowly going thru the game updates on the official website.
One thing that i wished i had the foresight to keep are all of my dang Macros. The last time i played i ran out of macro room , now there's a ton of room, go figure. Oh, it's good to be back.

Arch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Welcome aboard Archaic and we'll look forward to many adventures to share with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Today at 9:14 am

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: