HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

New FFXIV info from Sept 2009 Famitsu Wave {video}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: New FFXIV info from Sept 2009 Famitsu Wave {video}   Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:42 pm

I am loving the approach of no XP or Levels....Skill based is just so much more rewarding and full of depth!

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV info from Sept 2009 Famitsu Wave {video}   Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:07 pm

On paper the no level thing always sound great, but when you try and group, there has got to be some way to determine how strong someone is at a given task. No exp just makes me think of exp bubbles to fill, nothing big there. I imagine something akin to FF 10 where you buy your progress but then they throw in the weapons defining roles and wanting to expand on the job system. All in all, there are so many questions that we need solid answers on but I get the feeling we won't have them until beta leaks and the like.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV info from Sept 2009 Famitsu Wave {video}   Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Well, Square-Enix are pretty good at coming up with not only interesting but crazy-unique combat systems, so I sure hope they've come up with something exciting once again! Who knows, maybe this will be the MMO to finally change the way they're made and played....it would be about time someone stepped up and said lets do something different instead of always copying Blizzard!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kajshda

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV info from Sept 2009 Famitsu Wave {video}   Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:12 pm

very interesting =o, love that uematsu is composing the entire soundtrack =) lol. I agree with khalus on "it would be about time someone stepped up and said lets do something different instead of always copying Blizzard!" =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV info from Sept 2009 Famitsu Wave {video}   

Back to top Go down

New FFXIV info from Sept 2009 Famitsu Wave {video}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1